These rules are for your safety, please respect and obey these rules: they will be enforced. The club will not accept any responsibility for any person acting outside of these rules.
- Buoyancy aids must be worn by all persons on the water.
- Spraydecks must not be used until Discover award is held; Paddlepower Passport is complete; or with the permission of a qualified coach.
- Novice paddlers (i.e. not completed Discover aware/Passport) must stay between the end of the Bowling Green and the downstream T-junction unless invited by a paddler with Explore or above.
- Paddlers must be in groups of at least three boats. This does not apply to those who have completed Discover or ranked competitive paddlers using the site. Members under 16 must be in groups of three regardless of their qualifications.
- Paddlers using Durngate must wear helmets and have three Discover level paddlers on the water.
- All under 16 paddlers must be supervised by a parent or appointed adult from either the bank or from the water.
- Seal launching is not allowed on any part of the river as it can damage the river banks except when using plastic boats and bank protection devices are used.
- If you use club equipment please put it away tidily after use. Please drain and wipe boats if necessary.
- Please try and help keep the club premises tidy and safe for all users.
- Do not paddle up stream further than the rope across the river.
- Much of the river has deep silt on the banks and under the water so avoid paddling alone.