These rules are for your safety, please respect and obey these rules: they will be enforced. The club will not accept any responsibility for any person acting outside of these rules.
- Buoyancy aids must be worn by all persons on the water.
- Spraydecks must not be used until 1 Star is held; Paddlepower Passport is complete; or with the permission of a qualified coach.
- Novice paddlers (i.e. not completed 1 Star/Passport) must stay between the end of the Bowling Green and the downstream T-junction unless invited by a paddler 2 Star/Discover or above.
- Paddlers must be in groups of at least three boats. This does not apply to those who have completed 2 Star/Discover or ranked competitive paddlers using the site. Members under 16 must be in groups of three regardless of their qualifications.
- Paddlers using Durngate must wear helmets and have three 2 Star/Discover level paddlers on the water.
- All under 16 paddlers must be supervised by a parent or appointed adult from either the bank or from the water.
- Seal launching is not allowed on any part of the river as it can damage the river banks except when using plastic boats and bank protection devices are used.
- If you use club equipment please put it away tidily after use. Please drain and wipe boats if necessary.
- Please try and help keep the club premises tidy and safe for all users.
- Do not paddle up stream further than the rope across the river.
- Much of the river has deep silt on the banks and under the water so avoid paddling alone.